[Samba] W7 client cannot adjust file permissions via ADUC

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Jan 28 02:18:52 MST 2015

Hai Bob,

A few questions.

- is the client computer member of the domain?
- Are you logged in as "DOMAIN\Administrator" ?
- it the time on pc and server the same.

and for example. change this one to
>[profiles$]
> path = /home/samba/DT***RM/profiles
> acl_xattr:ignore system acl = yes
> read only = no
> csc policy = disable

now check if : /etc/samba/samba_usermapping
contains "!root = DOMAIN\Administrator DOMAIN\administrator

now check the rights..  set all to root:root
at least
rwx	 rwx 	 rwx 		x
755    775   775      777
/home/samba/DT***RM/profiles

acl_xattr:ignore system acl  ignores the linux rights, but !!
if you change rights on linux after you set rights on windows,
it can get messie, and you need to reset the rights from windows again. !

now read : https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_%26_Windows_Profiles
as from : Creating a profiles share and setting permissions
and stop/skip  reading when you see..  "Profile share with using POSIX ACLs  " skip that part.
start reading again as of "Configuring roaming profiles for a user " and skip "In a NT4 domain"
and start again "Configuring folder redirection "

I think this part of the wiki can be better..

a "NT4 style setup"  with only that needed info
and a "AD DC" style setup.. so 2 pages imo.

and about the same for other shares..

this is also nice explained here with more examples..

http://blogging.dragon.org.uk/administering-ad-dc-via-windows/

Have a try and let us know.

Greetz,

Louis