[Samba] Windows users can't change password 4.1.6

Michał Półrolniczak michal.polrolniczak at warp.org.pl
Wed Jan 28 01:09:41 MST 2015

W dniu 2015-01-27 o 18:42, Marc Muehlfeld pisze:
> Hello Michał,
>
> Am 27.01.2015 um 07:08 schrieb Michał Półrolniczak:
>> When changing password via Windows Logon it doesn't say it change it, it
>> say that new password that I entered is not valid with password politic
>> settings, and wasn't change.
> Does it met the requirements?
> https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc786468%28v=ws.10%29.aspx
>
> See 'samba-tool domain passwordsettings --help' if you wanna change
> domain wide password settings.
>

>> But if you try to change the old password once more (even with the same
>> password you enter right before) it say that the user name or password
>> is invalid.
>> And you can not log anymore using old or new password.
> That's strange. Never heard that. Let me try to reprocuce this.
> - Which Windows OS do you try to do the PW change on?
> - Give an example password that isn't accepted and after that
>    you get into this situation.
>

> Regards,
> Marc

Hello,

I need to add that this problem ain't just after installation.
When samba was installed it was working good - that why its hard for you
to reproduce this problem.

#sudo samba-tool domain passwordsettings show
Password informations for domain 'DC=domain,DC=local'

Password complexity: on
Store plaintext passwords: off
Password history length: 24
Minimum password length: 7
Minimum password age (days): 1
Maximum password age (days): 42

If you need please provide me with information what log you need and how
to collect it for you.

I can try to upgrade it with tar.gz from website but I really not sure
how to transfer my database from Samba that I installed from Ubuntu Repo
to the samba compiled by my own.