[Samba] FW: desperate help needed - Samba and security = share

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Tue Jan 27 10:08:16 MST 2015

On Tuesday 27 January 2015 16:45:51 Gaiseric Vandal wrote:
> So how are the users logging into the computers now?    At some point it
> may just be worth the pain to switch to a domain model?

We are still using workgroups and local users. The local user is (usually)
user1. Every time the staff member changes I simply change the display name
locally on the Windows client.

Each PC connects to shares served by the old server using simple mapped
network drives set up using the Windows GUI.  On a very small number of
client PC's (3 or 4) I have connection problems and I get round this by
having a BAT file with the required "net use" commands.

Gary