[Samba] Windows users can't change password 4.1.6

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Tue Jan 27 10:42:24 MST 2015

Hello Michał,

Am 27.01.2015 um 07:08 schrieb Michał Półrolniczak:
> When changing password via Windows Logon it doesn't say it change it, it
> say that new password that I entered is not valid with password politic
> settings, and wasn't change.

Does it met the requirements?
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc786468%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

See 'samba-tool domain passwordsettings --help' if you wanna change
domain wide password settings.

> But if you try to change the old password once more (even with the same
> password you enter right before) it say that the user name or password
> is invalid.
> And you can not log anymore using old or new password.

That's strange. Never heard that. Let me try to reprocuce this.
- Which Windows OS do you try to do the PW change on?
- Give an example password that isn't accepted and after that
  you get into this situation.

Regards,
Marc