[Samba] FW: desperate help needed - Samba and security = share

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Tue Jan 27 02:37:35 MST 2015

On Tuesday 27 January 2015 06:43:13 Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> You will need to define your 150 users on your server, give them Samba
> passwords and give them access to those shares via standard unix groups
> and group permissions on the share folders, or (less preferred) the
> valid users entry in smb.conf.
>
> I hope this helps,
>
> Andrew Bartlett

Hi Andrew,

That is exactly what I don't want to have to do.

The work required initially plus the ongoing maintenance because of the
turnover in staff here make that unworkable.

I have installed CentOS and now have a version of Samba that still supports
security = share

I now have my fingers crossed that I can get it working because last time I
used CentOS I couldn't get Samba to work properly either which is why I
stayed with Fedora.