[Samba] Moving DC1 to a Virtual Machine

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Mon Jan 26 08:33:52 MST 2015

Am 26.01.2015 um 15:55 schrieb Paul Littlefield:
> root at samba:~# /usr/local/samba/bin/samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/samba/bin/samba-tool", line 33, in <module>
>     from samba.netcmd.main import cmd_sambatool
>   File "/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/__init__.py",
> line 27, in <module>
>     import samba.param
> ImportError: /usr/local/samba/lib/private/libserver-role.so: version
> `SAMBA_4.2.0PRE1_GIT_F8EC0F9' not found (required by
> /usr/local/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/param.so)
>

> ...which is why this was put on the official Samba Wiki and I did read
> it, but thought it was worth a try...
>

> "Very important notes:
> Never do a restore and a version change at once! Always restore on a
> system that uses the same Samba version than the one you created the
> backup on! Restore on a system with the same IP and Hostname. Otherwise
> you'll run into Kerberos and DNS issues. Recommended: Restore on the
> same OS than where you created the backup."

I wrote this for real disaster scenarios. There you have other problems,
than searching for update problems.

But in a test environment you can play with a new version, of course. At
least you should not downgrade. And of course not upgrade to a pre
release like 4.2. But usually you never want unofficial version in
production. But your error looks like you had 4.2pre1 on your old
system? Is that right?

But you can syncronize the versions by self compiling or using the
Sernet packages.

Regards,
Marc