[Samba] Distribution to choose
mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Sun Jan 25 03:09:12 MST 2015
Am 25.01.2015 um 10:02 schrieb Tim:
> I just wanted to ask around what distributions were used for production purposes?
> I decided to use CentOS 7. The main reason is because its EOL is in 2024.
> What are your reasons to decide for a specific distribution for your production systems?
I think this is a decission, that should be based on your needs.
- How long do you require support for the OS?
- How important is the update frequence for security updates?
- How important is the age of the OS, shipped software and
stability (e. g. Fedora vs. RHEL)?
- Do you want to have all functions shipped with the OS or
compile all/some parts of yourself? Not all Distros can act
as a DC with onboard-packages. E. g. BIND on RHEL is compiled with
- Do you need support?
- Which Distro you have most knowledge with?
More information about the samba