[Samba] New to samba development

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Jan 23 12:14:13 MST 2015

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 07:11:06PM +0530, navya sri nizamkari wrote:
> Hi,
> I have just started with samba.Can somebody guide me to any introductory
> bugs can I can fix?
> Thanks,
> Navya

Great - and welcome Navya ! Samba has *many* bugs you can
help fix :-).

I'd suggest looking over the bugzilla here:

https://bugzilla.samba.org/

to get familiar with some of the problems people
have. I don't have a good list of 'introductory'
bugs to look at (I don't catagorize them I'm afraid),
but there are certainly some simple problems there
to find.

Another good way of starting is to look over
the latest check-ins and try and understand
them. All check-ins that fix a bug have the
bugzilla id referenced in the check-in message,
so it's easy to look it up and see how the
bug went from problem to fix.

What areas of the code interest you the most ?

Cheers,

	Jeremy.