[Samba] Debian wheezy with sernet samba AD script, new and very improved..

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Jan 23 06:29:54 MST 2015

Hai,

Well, useing the script its more easy to reproduce your install.
I install in a VM, i've created a "clean" debian server with dhcp ip.
and if i need/want an extra server, i just import the clean server an run my script(s).
All depending on the type of server it want.
Its time saving and i like to work with standards.
All whats in the script is based of things in the wiki and questions of people in the samba list.

In my environment, its forbidden to compile things on the production servers, so i preffer packages.
I use sernet packages for my AD DC server, why, more up2date that the debian ( or debian backported ) packages.
And if there are problemen, sernet gives good support and imo its more easy to trace bugs because of the always
the same installation. Also, it sets a nice base to start from.

Its really just what you preffer.

I hope it explains enough for you..

Greetz,

Louis