[Samba] Multiple attributes

Umar Draz unix.co at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 21:27:45 MST 2015

Hi All

I am tying to create a user in SAMBA 4 AD with ldapadd, but its not allow
me to add multiple mail attributes, here is my ldif of user.

dn: CN=ayesha,CN=Users,DC=samba4pdc,DC=net
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: user
cn: ayesha
name: ayesha
sAMAccountName: ayesha
userPrincipalName: Ayesha Umar
objectCategory: CN=Person,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=samba4pdc,DC=net
userAccountControl: 512
distinguishedName: CN=ayesha,CN=Users,DC=samba4pdc,DC=net
mail: ayesha at samba4pdc.net
mail: ayesha at samba4pdc.org

Here is the error of ldapadd

*adding new entry "CN=ayesha,CN=Users,DC=samba4pdc,DC=net"*
*ldap_add: Constraint violation (19)*
*        additional info: 0000202F: SINGLE-VALUE attribute mail on
CN=ayesha,CN=Users,DC=samba4pdc,DC=net specified more than once*

Is it possible I can add multiple attributes, as in simple openldap there
is no issue.

Br.

Umar