[Samba] recreating domain with existing gid and uid

Tim lists at kiuni.de
Thu Jan 22 13:37:32 MST 2015

I would do the following (and did it just to know how how it works)

Create your domain and do a backup.
Possibly you can set up a second network with the same subnet decoupled from your existing production one. Than restore your DC as described in the wiki and switch one client in this testing network and do some tests. It should work.

I customized the original script a bit. Have a look here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/linux.samba/5_18I-9orIY

Regards
Tim