[Samba] changed ip address of DC

Bob of Donelson Trophy bob at donelsontrophy.net
Thu Jan 22 11:15:39 MST 2015

Oops, try this again . . . Thanks, Mark for the how to change my DC ip
address response.

(Sorry, list people, replied to incorrect message . . my bad!)

---

-------------------------

Bob Wooden of Donelson Trophy

615.885.2846 (main)
www.donelsontrophy.com [2]

"Everyone deserves an award!!"

On 2015-01-22 11:47, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:

> Hello Bob,
>
> Am 22.01.2015 um 17:52 schrieb Bob of Donelson Trophy:
>
>> (I have resolved the eth0 driver issue that happens with Debian/Ubuntu servers when you move a functional hdd to a different machine.) Then I decided to change the static ip address of the DC from 192.168.**.54 to 192.168.**.51. That went as expected, except it seems my W7 client cannot connect to my domain, now. It says ". . . attempt to resolve the DNS name of a domain controller . . . has failed" I have adjusted the W7 to seek the DC ip address of 192.168.**.51 for it's nameserver. Is there something I need to adjust within bind9 files to correct this? (I know little about bind9.) Or could I have overlooked something on the W7 client side?
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Change_IP_address_of_the_DC [1]
> describs how to change the IP of an Samba AD DC.
>
> Regards,
> Marc

Links:
------