[Samba] dns/ad domain provisioning and naming

Peter Serbe peter at serbe.ch
Thu Jan 22 07:25:49 MST 2015

Sorry, I seemed to express that very misleading.
The snippet below aimed at an additional Bind server,
that is slave to the one on the DC(s).
I would be configured to pull the public DNS information
from an external forwarder (as 8.8.8.8 from Google) and
the internal information from *your DCs go here*.
Then the line "forwarders{};" does inhibit, that internal
requested are directed to the public DNS, which might
resolve these to Your public servers, which serve
thisismycompany.com.

I use this setup at home, where the DC is a slow Raspberry
Pi. On the much faster file (a.k.a. member) server I
operate the secondary DNS server with that snippet
below.

This may or my not be relevant to the OP...
But at least I wanted to clarify the confusion.

Best regards
Peter