[Samba] Samba + OpenLDAP Integration

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 21 08:09:24 MST 2015

On 21/01/15 15:00, vikas wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I have old running OpenLDAP server, which has 100 users.
>
> Now I have install Samba 4.1.15 AD DC, can I migrate OpenLDAP user to
> Samba ? if yes how any link to start will be great.

See:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Classic_Upgrade_%28NT4-style_domain_to_AD%29

This relies on your old openldap server also being a samba server, if
not, then you could probably dump your openldap users and use this to
add users to AD.

Note: don't use 4.1.15, use 4.1.16 (this was a security release)

> OR Can I use existing OpenLDAP with Samba 4.1.15 ?

Well, yes and no, yes if you just want to use samba4 like you are using
Samba3, no if you want an AD DC.

Rowland