[Samba] SAMBA 4 AD authentication problem

Umar Draz unix.co at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 06:58:52 MST 2015

hi Rowland,

Thanks for your reply again, well I had try to match the timezone both of
samba and windows, after that the authentication worked perfectly.

Now I have another issue,* kinit, klist *everything is working fine but
when I tried kapsswd then its not working, below the the error message

*root at dc1:~# kpasswd*
*kpasswd: Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm getting initial ticket*

I have zeyntal server as well, I checked zeyntal's /etc/krb5.conf and do
the same thing with my krb5.conf

[libdefaults]
    default_realm = EXAMPLE.COM
    dns_lookup_kdc = true
    dns_lookup_realm = false
    rdns = no

would you please help me how to solve this

Br.

Umar

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 3:27 PM, Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> On 21/01/15 04:52, Umar Draz wrote:
>
>> HI All,
>>
>> I have successfully install SAMBA 4 and also successfully join windows
>> 2012
>> server with my SAMABA domain (EXAMPLE).
>>
>> Now today I have tried Windows 8 to join my SAMBA domain, but that wasn't
>> worked due to username and password message.
>>
>> Here is the message appear while joining the domain from windows 8
>>
>> *The following error occurred attempting to join the domain "EXAMPLE"*
>>
>> *The user name or password is incorrect.*
>>
>> Login through domain's user on Windows 2012 was also working, but after
>> the
>> above error I tried to login on windows 2012 server with the domain user
>> but the same error was there.
>>
>> I have checked on SAMBA machine and verify the Administrator username and
>> password is working
>>
>> *smbclient //localhost/netlogon -U Administrator -c 'ls'*
>> Enter Administrator's password:
>> Domain=[EXAMPLE] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 4.1.6-Ubuntu]
>>
>> The kerberos also validate my username and password
>>
>> *root at samba:~# kinit administrator at EXAMPLE.COM <administrator at EXAMPLE.COM
>> >*
>> Password for administrator at EXAMPLE.COM:
>> Warning: Your password will expire in 41 days on Tue 03 Mar 2015 02:44:04
>> AM EST
>>
>> Would you please help me the solve this, why username and password not
>> working on windows end.
>>
>> Br.
>>
>> Umar
>>

> I take it when you say 'windows 8' you mean 'windows 8 pro', have you
> tried 'example.com' instead of 'EXAMPLE', does the machines dns point to
> the samba 4 AD DC.
>
> I don't think this is actually a Samba problem, more likely something on
> the windows machine, is there anything in the event logs.
>
> Rowland
> --

Umar Draz
Network Architect