[Samba] dsadd doesn't work correct

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 19 15:45:08 MST 2015

On 19/01/15 21:50, Carsten Schulz wrote:
> Hi together,
>
> I installed  samba 4 on a server with Debian-Wheezy-OS. Everything seems
> to work fine. I can add a user with RSAT. The user is added to the AD,
> the profile is stored in the server-profile-path and homepath can be
> accessed.
>
> I have to import about 400 datasets to the AD. Therefore I want to use
> the commandlinetool dsadd. With this tool I can import datasets, which I
> can see with RSAT. The only problem is that the profile isn't stored to
> the profile-path and the home-path doesn't work too. I don't get any
> errormessage. By the way, both \\serv01\profile\fistname.lastname and
> \\serv01\users\fistname.lastname can be seen in RSAT correct.
>
> Can anyone tell me, wether this is a known bug?
>
> With greetings from Hamburg.
>
> Karsten Schultz
>
> dsadd user "CN=firstname.lastname,CN=Users,DC=ks,DC=lan"
> -upn "firstname.lastname at ks.lan"
> -samid "firstname.lastname"
> -fn firstname
> -ln lastname
> -display  "firstname lastname"
> -pwd "123Dummy987"
> -hmdir "\\serv01\users\firstname.lastname "
> -hmdrv "H:"
> -profile "\\serv01\profile\firstname.lastname"
> -loscr start.bat
> -mustchpwd no
> -pwdneverexpires yes

Hi, I wonder if it is trying to connect to an AD DC on the machine that
dsadd is running on instead of the samba4 AD DC ? is there a setting to
specify which DC to connect to ?

Otherwise investigate building a bash script around samba-tool on the
samba4 server, 'samba-tool user add --help' will show you what you can
use when adding a new user.

Rowland