[Samba] Slow ldap authentication against samba 4

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 19 13:08:14 MST 2015

On 19/01/15 19:50, Jefferson Parreira dos Santos Emerick wrote:
> Hi.. so.. I did the classicupgrade from samba3 with sucess. Users can
> login how i expected. The problem happen when i try many users to
> logon to samba 4. This is very slow and some users can't login and the
> message that i got is: "Can't contact LDAP server". I didn't see
> anything more in samba log's.
>
> The *samba's* version i'm using is *4.1.14* with *bind 9.10*
>
> Here is my conf:
>
> # Global parameters
> [global]
> workgroup = XXXXXX
> realm = XXXXXX.XXX.XXX
> netbios name = XXXXXXXXXX
> server role = active directory domain controller
> private dir = /opt/samba/private
> log level = 2
> lock directory = /opt/samba
> state directory = /opt/samba/state
> cache directory = /opt/samba/cache
> server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
> winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
> idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
>
>   interfaces           = 127.0.0.1 10.1.0.65
> bind interfaces only = yes
> socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_RCVBUF=65536
> SO_SNDBUF=65536
> max mux = 1000
>
> [netlogon]
> path = /opt/samba/state/sysvol/xxxxx.xxx.xx/scripts
> <http://conab.gov.br/scripts>
> read only = No
>
> [sysvol]
> path = /opt/samba/state/sysvol
> read only = No
>

> I thank you for the help.
>
> Sorry by my english.

Hi, remove the 'socket options' & 'max mux' lines, you shouldn't use the
first and you shouldn't need to change the second.

What OS are you using ?

I take it your clients are joined to the domain, are they using roaming
profiles ??

Did you compile samba yourself ?

Don't worry about your English, it is a lot better than my Brazilian :-D

Rowland