[Samba] Joined machine cannot mount share, others can - strange

Lars Hanke debian at lhanke.de
Mon Jan 19 03:15:34 MST 2015

I run a Samba4 AD and joined a Synology NAS running Samba 3.6.9. I can
access the shares using smbclient or mount -t cifs from all Linux
machines (usually running Samba 3.6.6 clients). I can mount the shares
from WinXP home and Win7 home.

However, with a Win7 Ultimate machine joined to the AD most of the time
it doesn't work. I can logon to the machine with my AD credentials, but
I am prompted to re-enter credentials for the shares, which I'd expect
to just work since I'm logged on to the Domain. And of course the
freshly entered AD credentials are also rejected.

Most of the time it doesn't work means: I've seen it working, but in
general it fails.

Thanks for your help,
  - lars.