[Samba] SAMBA 4 Member Server - Help please

Derek Shaw d3r3kshaw at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 19:32:12 MST 2015

On 15-01-15 11:13 AM, David Thompson wrote:
> No, I was adding their info to ADUC before as well before I sent this email to the list.

so things (getent passwd, etc) started working after you added sssd?

could you spare a moment and save me a whole bunch of search time and
provide me with the references you used?

For the record -- the issue last week started with a samba ad-dc, was
repeated with a test windows AD-DC and apparently solved with addition
of the IdMU service (and NIS info) on the windows AD-DC (the
maybe-equivalent of adding the NIS info via ADUC to a samba AD-DC), and
has now arisen again with a different test windows AD-DC with (90%
certainty) the same configuration as the first test windows AD-DC.  In
the two windows AD-DC cases it is the same member server having the issue.

In other words, where once "id domainUser" "getent password" didn't
work, then worked after modifying the server, they no longer work with a
new server that had the modifications made when it was built.

so please, if your clown college classes aren't to consuming, please
drop me a line with the links!

Thanks!
d.