[Samba] Problems with permissions

Dr. Harry Knitter harry at knitter-edv-beratung.de
Sat Jan 17 12:08:03 MST 2015

"Dr. Harry Knitter" <harry at knitter-edv-beratung.de> schrieb am 15.01.2015:
> Hllo,
>
> I have a Debian Wheezy machine with a standard samba configured as domain
> controller. (security = user)
>
> On the Windows clients a programm shall be installed that needs full access
> to all files on a network drive
>
> I have set the Unix permissions to 777 for all files and subdirectories of
> the according directory.
>
> The share entry is:
>
> [myshare]
> 	path = /home/shareddirectory
> 	admin users = user1, root
> 	force group = users
> 	read only = No
> 	create mask = 0777
> 	directory mask = 0777
>
> On the Windows clients however in Properties -> Security I see only special
> rights which lack full access and delete.
>
> How can I get full access to all files and subdirectories.
>
> Any hints for what I configured wrong are wellcome.
>

> greetings
>
> Harry

what about now?

May be I have some misconfiguration. However, where is the compatibility to a
native Windows Server?
How can I configure my samba server and my unix permissions to grant _full
access_ to a network share that is shown by my clients as _full access_?.

A little guessing myself about why not getting hintful answers (bug?,
feature?).
BTW, the clients are W7 machines.

Harry
--

Dr. Harry Knitter
Hans-Herold-Str. 20

Tel. 09221-97663
Fax. 09221-97664
VoIP 1390791 at sipgate.de
Mail harry at knitter-edv-beratung.de

PGP key-ID 8A0657DB
Fingerprint AE7B 61F1 ACC2 5944 A29A 8C31 2D12 2190 8A06 57DB

Ceterum censeo Microsoft esse delendam