[Samba] KB2992611

Chris Roberts cjr at tridentgarages.co.uk
Sat Jan 17 06:24:56 MST 2015

On 2015-01-16 19:19, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> Do you have any logs from the Samba side showing what
> the problem is when KB2992611 is installed ?

The only errors that I ever have in my samba logs are:

[2015/01/15 22:02:35.852722,  0]
../source4/dsdb/dns/dns_update.c:294(dnsupdate_nameupdate_done)
   ../source4/dsdb/dns/dns_update.c:294: Failed DNS update -
NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT

This starts about 20 seconds after samba start-up and every 10 minutes
after that.

There were no different errors with KB2992611 installed on the client.

I had thought that I'd managed to eradicate these errors or I would have
mentioned them. I am able to do nslookup on the Windows clients,
including checking SRV records, I am able to add DNS records with
samba-tool and query from the server with host command. In short I
cannot see any DNS problems and yet this error persists.

Chris.
--
Chris Roberts