[Samba] SAMBA 4 Member Server - Help please

David Thompson david at digitaltransitions.ca
Thu Jan 15 11:33:56 MST 2015

Hi all,

After being pointed towards the sssd service, I setup and configured it and it appears to be running just fine. I can lookup my users and groups properly now once I add their information in the UNIX tab section in AD.

Thank you all to help me get where I am now. I can now continue to work and set this up. I am sure I will have more questions moving forward, but this mailing list has been a great resource, and hopefully one day I can contribute to it as opposed to just asking questions.

Off to clown college now.
Thanks,

David

Peter Serbe <peter at serbe.ch> , 1/15/2015 5:36 AM:
> If wbinfo -u does show users, but getent passwd does not, this
> is likely your problem.

Not necessarily. Try getent passwd administrator. If this works
for all Your users, then it is just sssd not enumerating all the
users, which does no harm at all. If getent passwd user does not
retrieve the user information, then something is broken indeed.

The next thing would be to check sssd. Does it start? Is the
keytab not outdated? Do a kinit -k /etc/krb5.keytab. If this
isn't working generate a new keytab.