[Samba] Re-2: Bug 9810 - validate_ldb of String(Generalized-Time) does not accept millisecond f

Carsten samba at transdata.net
Wed Jan 14 23:10:22 MST 2015

Hi Marc,

yes, the patch worked for me!
But for our production system I'm not really keen on building samba from scratch.

So anything I could do to support you?

Regards,
Carsten

 Original Message processed by david®
Re: [Samba] Bug 9810 - validate_ldb of String(Generalized-Time) does not accept millisecond for (14-Jan-2015 15:51)
From:   Marc Muehlfeld
To (2):Carsten, samba at lists.samba.org

Hello,

Am 14.01.2015 um 12:46 schrieb Carsten:
> at the moment we can not use our permanent rds user CALs, because of
> Bug 9810 - validate_ldb of String(Generalized-Time) does not accept millisecond format ".000Z"
>
> Setup:
> - Two samba4-DCs with Debian Wheezy (7.7)
> - Samba Version: 4.1.14-9
> - package distributor: Sernet
>
> As mentioned in the bug report, a patch is available at
> https://attachments.samba.org/attachment.cgi?id=8784
> and seems to work.
>
> Can anybody implement the patch in the official tree please?
> It would be very nice to do so for version 4.1 or at least für 4.2.

Have you tried to apply it? Last time I looked at that, was around 4.1.9
I guess. That time I could apply it to the sources and it worked.

It's only not in the official sources, because someone needs to write a
test for that.

Regards,
Marc

To: mmuehlfeld at samba.org