[Samba] Forest/Domain Functional Level of Active Directory

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Wed Jan 14 09:09:04 MST 2015

Am 14.01.2015 um 13:02 schrieb avinesh saini:
> Following is our understanding, Please confirm.
>
> Samba 3.6 when configured as Domain Controller, works up to Windows NT
> domain/forest functional level.

Wrong. An NT4 domain had no functional levels. This is something out of
the AD world.

Samba 3.6 can only work as an NT4-style Primary Domain Controller (PDC)
and also as a Member Server in an AD and NT4-domain. But all of this
doesn't have anything to do with functional levels out of Samba 3.6 view.

Regards,
Marc