[Samba] Bug 9810 - validate_ldb of String(Generalized-Time) does not accept millisecond format ".000Z"

Carsten samba at transdata.net
Wed Jan 14 04:46:42 MST 2015

Hi,

at the moment we can not use our permanent rds user CALs, because of
Bug 9810 - validate_ldb of String(Generalized-Time) does not accept millisecond format ".000Z"

Setup:
- Two samba4-DCs with Debian Wheezy (7.7)
- Samba Version: 4.1.14-9
- package distributor: Sernet

As mentioned in the bug report, a patch is available at
https://attachments.samba.org/attachment.cgi?id=8784
and seems to work.

Can anybody implement the patch in the official tree please?
It would be very nice to do so for version 4.1 or at least für 4.2.

Thanks in advance,
Carsten