[Samba] Fwd: Samba 4 two DCs no matching UID/GID

Izan Díez Sánchez ids at empre.es
Wed Jan 14 01:56:28 MST 2015

What if I use uidNumber to avoid messing up with idmap.ldb? In the first
domain controller works fine, ignores idmap and use uidNumber, but this
attribute is not being replicated when a new user is created.

I explain myself a little deeper:
1-I have an AD DC, all users contain uidNumber. "wbinfo -i user" returns
uidNumber as expected.
2-I join a second DC. LDAP is replicated correctly, uidNumber attribute
included. "wbinfo -i user" returns uidNumber as expected.
3-I create a new user in the first DC, and add manually the
corresponding uidNumber.
4-User is replicated fine to second DC but lacks of uidNumber set on the
first one, thus "wbinfo -i user" does not return de same uidNumber.

The advantage of using rfc2307 is not such if uidNumber is not
replicated. Do I have to replicate manually? Am I missing something?
Any suggestion is welcomed.

Regards,

Izan Díez Sánchez
Empresarios Agrupados
Magallanes 3
28015 Madrid
Tel. +34 91 309 80 00 (ext: 8813)
ids at empre.es

El 13/01/2015 a las 18:56, Rowland Penny escribió:
> On 13/01/15 17:40, Dania Ramirez Moya wrote:

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based
on this message or any information herein. If you have received this
message by mistake, please advise the sender immediately by reply
e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.
Visit our web page: www.empre.es

Este mensaje puede contener información confidencial o privilegiada.
Si Vd. no es el destinatario ni está autorizado por el mismo para
recibir este mensaje, Vd. no debe usar, copiar, revelar ni tomar
ninguna medida basada en este mensaje o en la información que
contiene. Si Vd. ha recibido este mensaje por error, notifíquelo de
forma inmediata al remitente por correo electrónico y borre el
mensaje. Gracias por su cooperación.
Visite nuestra página web: www.empre.es