[Samba] Missing Policies folder after failure; how to recreate

Tim lists at kiuni.de
Tue Jan 13 14:59:28 MST 2015

When you only need the default gpos than we possibly can send you the folders and its content. When I'm not completely wrong, these folders are empty as long nothing has been set.
With samba the default gpos are empty - no settings at all.
Possibly it is important to know your functional level? I don't know.

The two default domain policies have well known SIDs so it's not hard to find them.

I will have a look at it tomorrow at work if you like.

Possibly you just create these folders and run samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset.

There is a technet article about these well known SIDs. But I can't find it again.