[Samba] Forest/Domain Functional Level of Active Directory

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Sun Jan 11 04:04:56 MST 2015

Am 09.01.2015 um 14:58 schrieb jacek burghardt:
> Samba 4 functions at level of server 2008 as domain controller.

Default forest and domain functional level is 2003 native during the
provisioning. Supported is 2000 up to including 2008 R2.

> I found it imposible to join samba 4 as secondary domain
> controller to server 2012.

Right. Samba doesn't support all features of the 2012 (R2) schema yet.

If you need Windows DCs mixed together with Samba DCs in an AD forest,
the newest Windows DC can only be 2008 R2.

Windows 2012 and later as a member server is no problem. Simply join
them like a workstation.

Regards,
Marc