[Samba] Member Server SeDiskOperatorPrivilege

Tim rintimtim at gmx.net
Fri Jan 9 06:47:24 MST 2015

Hello all,

I have a AD DC based on CentOS7 with sernet samba 4.1.14 with rfc2307 and function level 2008_R2. This one works so far and I can manage the AD from a windows client.

Now I setup a member server based on CentOS7 with sernet samba 4.1.14 just like the wiki advises with the same smb.conf (realm etc is configured to my needs. I joined the AD and configured nsswitch.

wbinfo works so far but getent passwd or getent group doesn't list domain objects. getent group testgroup1 works, but getent passwd testuser1 does not.

I created a share in smb.conf. Now I want to set the SeDiskOperatorPrivilege like the wiki advises.
But it doesn't work. It says that it can't connect to server 127.0.0.1. I tried it with
net rpc rights grant 'DOM\Domain Admins' SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -U'DOM\administrator'

Now I can not access the server from windows to set share permissions.

What to do? The wiki told nothing about kerberos so I did not do anything to it.

Thanks in advance