[Samba] Member Server Setup Assistance

James lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 07:00:54 MST 2015

Hi Rowland,

     Yes. When I create a share I get the expected 'Everyone' group
under 'Share Permissions' for example. I'm assuming I must map this
object to Unix so all windows users can access this share. However in AD
there is no 'Everyone' group to set a gid. I wouldn't necessarily expect
one either. I'm currently under the mind set that with a member server I
must have a uid/gid for every object assigned on the share.

--
-James