[Samba] Don't use .local

Donelson Trophy bob at donelsontrophy.net
Sun Jan 4 09:11:31 MST 2015

During the Christmas holiday I created a AD DC & a MEMBER server (both
on Debian 7.7.0) with these scripts (https://secure.bazuin.nl/scripts/)
and thank you, L.P.H. van Belle.

However, I have created them with a *.local TLD (that now I need to
change.)

I will need to adjust my hostname files, need to re-configure the
kerberos install and of course Bind9.

The hostname files I know how to change. No problem there.

The kerberos install, I think can be re-configured with
'dpkg-reconfigure'.

As I have no experience (until now) with Bind9, this is my biggest
concern! What do I change?

What other needed changes have I overlooked?

OR

Do I (build (re-build) two servers) all over again?

At this point, I am at the planning "what needs to be done" stage.

---

-------------------------

Bob Wooden of Donelson Trophy

615.885.2846 (main)
www.donelsontrophy.com [2]

"Everyone deserves an award!!"

On 2015-01-04 07:07, Rowland Penny wrote:

> On 04/01/15 12:16, Stefan Kania wrote:

Links:
------
[1]