[Samba] on-list and off-list replies

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Feb 28 18:32:21 MST 2015

On Tue, 2015-02-24 at 21:15 +0000, Rowland Penny wrote:

> If anybody emails me direct about a samba matter, it will very probably
> end up here, because I will reply only to the list, especially if it is
> in the middle of a thread.
>
> I will decide if I want to reply direct to anybody that emails me, I
> suspect that is what Achim decided.

Rowland,

I would suggest not doing that unilaterally.

I do get many mails that go to me personally, and not also to the list.
To these, I kindly ask that they re-ask the question on the list, so
others can benefit from the reply.

This ensures I don't accidental breach privacy.  Most posters realise
their error and politely apologise.

Andrew Bartlett