[Samba] Update

David Holder david.holder at erion.co.uk
Sat Feb 28 12:30:56 MST 2015

Hi Sandy,

Please can you provide the output from an *i**fconfig -a* command?

This should give an idea of what is going on. Turning off IPv6 will not
be necessary if you can find the actual cause of the problem.

You would not get this error message if you only have a link local
address configured on your interface. You must have some form of global
address.

Also, the IPv6 address is that of git.samba.org not samba.org. You could
try:

*traceroute6 git.samba.org.*

Best Regards,
David
Dr David Holder CEng FIET MIEEE

Erion Ltd, An Cala, Inverkirkaig, Lochinver, Sutherland, IV27 4LR, UK

Reception: +44 (0)1422 207000

Direct Dial: +44 (0)131 2026317

http://www.erion.co.uk

Registered in England and Wales. Registered Number 3521142
Registered Office: Newtons, 49 Coniscliffe Road, Darlington, County
Durham, DL3 7EH, UK
VAT Number: GB 698 3633 78