[Samba] NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED, again!!!

Bob of Donelson Trophy bob at donelsontrophy.net
Fri Feb 27 10:28:46 MST 2015

I thought I was over this the other day when I got it to work properly
on my VM.

Now, on an actual PC I am getting:

==========Test kerberos ===============================

Lets test some things

Testing : kerberos

Password for Administrator at DTSHRM.DT:

Warning: Your password will expire in 41 days on Fri Apr 10 08:43:58
2015

Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0

Default principal: Administrator at DTSHRM.DT

Valid starting Expires Service principal

27/02/2015 07:45 27/02/2015 17:45 krbtgt/DTSHRM.DT at DTSHRM.DT

renew until 28/02/2015 07:45, Etype (skey, tkt):
aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96, aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96

==========SE Privileges ===============================

Enter Administrator's password:

Could not connect to server 127.0.0.1

Connection failed: NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I snipped some excess<<<<<<<<

Enter Administrator's password:

Could not connect to server 127.0.0.1

Connection failed: NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Enter Administrator's password:

Successfully granted rights.

Enter Administrator's password:

I snipped some excess<<<<<<<<<<<

Enter Administrator's password:

Successfully granted rights.

==========Test DNS Records ===============================

Testing : dns entries

testing of : host -t SRV _ldap._tcp.dtshrm.dt. : ok

testing of : host -t SRV _kerberos._udp.dtshrm.dt. : ok

testing of : host -t A dtdc01.dtshrm.dt. : ok

I snipped the ending<<<<<

I have had the chance to try this several times (thanks to backups) and
each time a different number of failures and then "Successfully granted
rights."

Generally there are anywhere from 12 to 17 failures across two attempts
(that I paid close attention too, out of five tries.)

And, because I have two identical computers (one that will become DC1
and the other DC2) I switched machines, just to make sure it wasn't a
hardware

issue. It's not!

When I run one of the failed script line manually, I get:

root at dc01:~# echo ${SAMBA_NT_ADMIN_PASS}| net rpc rights grant
"${SAMBA_NT_DOMAIN}Domain Admins" SeDiskOperatorPrivilege
-UAdministrator

Enter Administrator's password:

Could not connect to server 127.0.0.1

The username or password was not correct.

Connection failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

That might have failed because . . . . so, I tried this:

root at dc01:~# net rpc rights grant "${SAMBA_NT_DOMAIN}Domain Admins"
SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -UAdministrator

Enter Administrator's password:

Failed to grant privileges for Domain Admins (NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER)

So, the script is not creating the "Domain Admins"? Confused, for
sure!!!!

--

Bob Wooden of Donelson Trophy

615.885.2846 (main)