[Samba] Back with my UID problems

Brett Wynkoop wynkoop+samba at wynn.com
Thu Feb 26 15:31:49 MST 2015

On Wed, 25 Feb 2015 19:48:07 +0000
Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com> wrote:

> As for creating users & groups, samba 4 comes with 'samba-tool' for
> more info on this, run 'samba-tool --help' or 'samba-tool user add
> --help', you can also run 'man samba-tool'
>
> Rowland

Nothing in the samba-tool man page speaks to setting a specific UID for
a specific USER.  Please show me the passage in the samba-tool docs
that speak to this.  I am on 4.1.17.

I could be wrong, but I believe I am finding documentation bugs and
shortcomings.  It would make sense for the project to fix documentation
if it leaves systems staff uninformed after reading it.

Thank you.

-Brett

--

wynkoop at wynn.com               http://prd4.wynn.com/wynkoop/pgp-keys.txt
917-642-6925

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of
speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to
assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.