[Samba] how to allow NIS group to administer via SWAT

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Feb 26 08:56:40 MST 2015

Am 26.02.2015 um 16:03 schrieb Jerome Yanga:
> I have been trying to allow an NIS group to administer Samba via SWAT to no
> avail.  If anyone has been able to do this, please share your note.  :)

SWAT is dead

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samba_%28software%29
Samba includes a web administration tool called Samba Web Administration
Tool (SWAT).[20][21][22] SWAT was removed starting with version 4.1

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_4.1_Features_added/changed
REMOVED COMPONENTS

The Samba Web Administration Tool (SWAT) has been removed. Details why
SWAT has been removed can be found on the samba-technical mailing list:

https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2013-February/090572.html