[Samba] Windows 2008R2 DC Problems

Moe Salem abuelias at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 25 16:31:20 MST 2015

Hello Marc,

1. The error message is

"The host record test.salem.int cannot be created. Refused"

and in the event log

"The following application directory partition has no security descriptor reference domain.   Application directory partition: DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=salem,DC=int  The root domain will be used instead.   User Action  Set the security descriptor reference domain for this application directory partition."

2. Yes, When you create a DNS entry it is replicated to the Win DC. AND if you modify a DNS entry it is replicated from the WIN DC to the samba DC's.

3. Disabling Samba on the DC before creating it on the win DC does not do anything.

4. Samba first built and populated the domain.

Thanks,

Moe