[Samba] replication problems in samba4 ad domain

Nigel W nigel.w at nosun.ca
Wed Feb 25 12:25:28 MST 2015

Hello,

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 9:28 AM, Jon Detert <jdetert at infinityhealthcare.com>
wrote:

>         1) on all 3 dcs, says "Warning: No NC replicated for Connection!"
> in the "KCC CONNECTION OBJECTS" section for each of the other 2 dcs

This is apparently normal, see:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/FAQ#Message:_Warning:_No_NC_replicated_for_Connection.21

 wrote:

>         4) on dc1, shows success for dc3, and failure for dc2, for all 5
> branches under the "INBOUND NEIGHBORS" section.

What is the error message for the failures?

.local is a bad idea for a domain, see:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/DNS#Avoid_.local_TLD

For me, the issues I have had with replication have come from the servers
having issues not being able to lookup the target controller in DNS.

Thanks,