[Samba] DCdiag tests

Jon Detert jdetert at infinityhealthcare.com
Wed Feb 25 10:39:43 MST 2015

----- Original Message -----

I had not heard of dcdiag before your email.

I just ran it.  A number of tests failed, including 'ForestDnsZones', which I assume
is what you meant above.

For that one, as well as the DomainDnsZones test, it said basically the same thing:

            The application directory partition
            DC={DomainDnsZones|ForestDnsZones},DC=infinity,DC=local is missing a security
            descriptor reference domain.  The administrator should set the
            msDS-SD-Reference-Domain attribute on the cross reference object
            CN=<UglyLongHexIDHere>,CN=Partitions,CN=Configuration,DC=infinity,DC=local
            to the DN of a domain.

Other failures were cited:

Performing initial setup:
   * Identified AD Forest.
   Got error while checking if the DC is using FRS or DFSR. Error:
   A device attached to the system is not functioning.The VerifyReferences,
   FrsEvent and DfsrEvent tests might fail because of this error.
   Done gathering initial info.

 Starting test: SysVolCheck
         The SysVol is not ready.  This can cause the DC to not advertise
         itself as a DC for netlogon after dcpromo.  Also trouble with FRS
         SysVol replication can cause Group Policy problems.  Check the FRS
         event log on this DC.
         ......................... DC1 failed test SysVolCheck

 Starting test: ObjectsReplicated
         Failed to read object metadata on DC1, error
         The request is not supported.
         Failed to read object metadata on DC1, error
         The request is not supported.
         ......................... DC1 passed test ObjectsReplicated

 Starting test: Services
            Could not open EventSystem Service on DC1, error 0x8
            "Not enough storage is available to process this command."
            Could not open RpcSs Service on DC1, error 0x8
            "Not enough storage is available to process this command."
            Could not open NTDS Service on DC1, error 0x8
            "Not enough storage is available to process this command."
            Could not open DnsCache Service on DC1, error 0x8
            "Not enough storage is available to process this command."
            Could not open NtFrs Service on DC1, error 0x8
            "Not enough storage is available to process this command."
            Could not open IsmServ Service on DC1, error 0x8
            "Not enough storage is available to process this command."
            Could not open kdc Service on DC1, error 0x8
            "Not enough storage is available to process this command."
            Could not open SamSs Service on DC1, error 0x8
            "Not enough storage is available to process this command."
            Could not open LanmanServer Service on DC1, error 0x8
            "Not enough storage is available to process this command."
            Could not open LanmanWorkstation Service on DC1, error 0x8
            "Not enough storage is available to process this command."
            Could not open w32time Service on DC1, error 0x8
            "Not enough storage is available to process this command."
            Invalid service type: NETLOGON on DC1, current value
            WIN32_OWN_PROCESS, expected value WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
            Invalid service startup type: NETLOGON on DC1, current value
            DEMAND_START, expected value AUTO_START
         ......................... DC1 failed test Services

      Starting test: VerifyReferences
         Some objects relating to the DC DC1 have problems:
            [1] Problem: Missing Expected Value
             Base Object:
            CN=NTDS Settings,CN=DC1,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=infinity,DC=local
             Base Object Description: "DSA Object"
             Value Object Attribute Name: serverReferenceBL
             Value Object Description: "SYSVOL FRS Member Object"
             Recommended Action: See Knowledge Base Article: Q312862

            [1] Problem: Missing Expected Value
             Base Object: CN=DC1,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=infinity,DC=local
             Base Object Description: "DC Account Object"
             Value Object Attribute Name: frsComputerReferenceBL
             Value Object Description: "SYSVOL FRS Member Object"
             Recommended Action: See Knowledge Base Article: Q312862

         ......................... DC1 failed test VerifyReferences

Also the 'Replications' test failed, but I expected that, as I am having trouble with replication (see early post to this list today).