[Samba] getent passwd not return the same number of records from a call to another call

Tim lists at kiuni.de
Wed Feb 25 06:31:59 MST 2015

I don't really remember where I found this. But I'm pretty sure, I found
it in the winbind logs - something like /var/log/samba/log.winbind*. I
grepped 70001 out of it et voila: A user - administrator in my case -
got that ID.

net cache flush resolved that problem.

Today I'm using SSSD. It's got a cache too which can be expired/released
with a command like "sss_cache -UG" for users and groups.

Regards
Tim