[Samba] disabling PC

Dewayne Geraghty dewayne.geraghty at heuristicsystems.com.au
Tue Feb 24 20:38:25 MST 2015

On 25/02/2015 8:09 AM, Felipe_G0NZ4LEZ_S4NTI4G0(); wrote:
> Hi, when I disable a computer in Active Directory with wink8, winServer2003 and ADUC shows the following message: "Disabling the computer account prevents users on that computer from logging on to this domain". So, after that, I continue logging on that computer with users from my domain. Despite of disabling the PC, I can logging on the PC in the domain. So, what's the real function of disabling a computer?
> My Regards.
The purpose is to prevent the computer from participating in the
domain.  If the PC was rebooted, and you were then still able to join
the domain and log in as a domain user, then there is a problem.

If the PC is network disconnected, users will be able to login to the PC
due to the cached domain credentials.
Dewayne.