[Samba] Excel and Samba Problem

Miguel Medalha miguelmedalha at sapo.pt
Thu Feb 19 13:47:46 MST 2015

Maybe related to this?

[8-digit-filename].tmp file is created on network share when saving Office
files in Windows 7 Folder Redirection
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/8d3c201a-3945-4f16-ab04-6b4fcd7f82bf/8digitfilenametmp-file-is-created-on-network-share-when-saving-office-files-in-windows-7-folder?forum=winserverfiles

Microsoft has at least 4 hotfixes related to the issue, which must be
applied in a certain sequence:

KB2775511
KB2732673
KB2728738
KB2878378

Read "An enterprise hotfix rollup is available for Windows 7 SP1 and
Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2775511/en-us

It appears to have some implications with your problem.

I am using Redirected Folders without Roaming Profiles and I found that
making the AUTOSAVE path local seemed to improve the stability of Word
2007. Before that, I had a few occurences of users' files simply
disapearing into thin air.