[Samba] [OT] Postfix help ( in addtion to : RE: Postfix saslauthentication help )

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Feb 19 04:44:24 MST 2015

I'll share these and yes, not samba related, but i like lots of people here,
so i share them here in advance before my site goes online.

full blown setup of postfix and anti-spam. If you want test it.
Just read the files and adjust if needed.

ufw was used as firewall, so if you dont use ufw, set that to "no"

what does i do..   install/setup, postfix with postscreen postgrey, spamassassin clamsmtp
The are tested on a cleanly installed debian server.
backups are made of all files if something is changed. ( all files and folders get a  *.backup )

Just read the script and adjust where needed.
get these:
http://www.van-belle.com/07-setup-postfix.sh
http://www.van-belle.com/08-setup-postfix-antispam.sh

Im still testing them out, but the settings are ok, im using these on my hosting server.
They do enforce strict SMTP RFC settings.
but in 3 weeks no i only had 1 spam message..  ( and thats fixed in the next version. )

There may be "small" errors in these, like a variable $network not comming from the script to the config.
I think the scripts are 99.9% correct and maybe even 100%.

I apriciate any comment on these..

And sorry for abusing the samba list for it, but i like all you guys...

Thank

Louis