[Samba] Active Directory Replication Status Tool From Microsoft

James lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 13:14:41 MST 2015

Hello,

     Using this tool on a Samba 4.1.16 forest I get the following two
errors.

DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=domain,DC=local    NamingContext    1    Failed
Discovery: Property 'msds-sdreferencedomain' does not exist.

DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=domain,DC=local NamingContext     1   Failed
Discovery: Property 'msds-sdreferencedomain' does not exist.

Replication does indeed work as I can verify using samba tools. I see
reference to the 'msds-sdreferencedomain' in the Samba wiki under Task
DSDB#02. It appears further development is needed on this front. Has
this been addressed in 4.1.2? Thanks.

--
-James