[Samba] ps aux | grep smbd

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Tue Feb 17 10:59:15 MST 2015

Am 17.02.2015 um 16:03 schrieb Thomas Schulz:
> If you want to avoid Samba 4.*, why not at least use the latest in the
> Samba 3 series? I believe the latest is Samba 3.6.22.

If small hardware resources on a µ "server" aren't the reason for an old
version, I don't know any for 3x. 3.6 support will finally end when 4.2
is out, what is soon. All 4x series include all features 3x had, too. No
reason to stay.

Regards,
Marc

PS: Thomas, please fix/change our mail client. _Every_ mail you answer
starts a new thread. This makes it hard for list members to follow a
thread and almost impossible for users finding old mails via $SEARCHENGINE.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversation_threading