[Samba] gpo update problem

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Feb 16 07:50:40 MST 2015

Hi Bob,

are you running 1 or 2 dc's atm.
If 2DC's , did you use the sysvol repl script of me.

check you path in /etc/samba/smb.conf on the DC(s)
and set it to /home/samba/sysvol

if you corrected this then restart samba on the DC's.
and then rerun ( as root of with sudo )
samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset

and i you have 2 DC's ..

this :  ls -alh /home/samba/sysvol/
looks correct.

and if you used 2 DC's.
check the following file
/etc/cron.d/sysvol-sync

you should see:
/usr/bin/rsync -XAavz --log-file /var/log/sysvol-sync.log --delete-after -f\"+ */\" -f\"- *\"  /home/samba/sysvol root@$DC2:/home/samba

If this line was not correct like: ...  -f\"- *\"  /home/samba/sysvol root@$DC2:/home/samba/sysvol
do the following, stop cron on DC1.
login on DC2 and remove /home/samba/sysvol completly.
/root/.unison/  remove the hash files.

DC1. remove the hash files. !!
/root/.unison/

Do this wrong and you and up with an empty sysvol !!
so before removing anything please make a backup of you sysvols on BOTH DC's to be sure.

Next week in having more time to improve the scripts to make sure its all more clear what to enter where.

Louis