[Samba] Samba services post mortem 5th until 8th of February

Lars Müller lars at samba.org
Fri Feb 13 14:05:01 MST 2015

Hi,

Last week, from Thursday the 5th until Saturday the 8th UTC, we
experienced a service outage on one of the main Samba servers.

This was the result of a failed upgrade, not any external or malicious
action.

Due to this several services were interrupted (e.g. DNS, mail, web).
All services were restored by Monday.

We're very sorry for any inconvenience caused to our community.

We'll establish processes and guidelines to prevent situations like this
from occurring in future.

Cheers,

Lars
--