[Samba] vfs objects = glusterfs

Stefan Kania stefan at kania-online.de
Fri Feb 13 04:02:20 MST 2015

Hello,

i try to use a glusterfs with "vfs objects = glusterfs" settings in
smb.conf. But if I try to access the volume I allways getting "tree
connect failed: NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME"
If I add another Share directly inside the mountet glusterfs I can
access the share und read and wirte alle the data. Here is my smb.conf:
- -------------------------
[global]
        workgroup = EXAMPLE
        realm = EXAMPLE.NET
        netbios name = CLUSTER-42
        security = ADS
        clustering = Yes
        registry shares = Yes
        template shell = /bin/bash
        winbind enum users = Yes
        winbind enum groups = Yes
        winbind use default domain = Yes
        winbind refresh tickets = Yes
        idmap config example:range = 1000000-1999999
        idmap config example:backend = rid
        idmap config *:range = 1000000-1999999
        idmap config * : backend = tdb
        map acl inherit = Yes
        store dos attributes = Yes
        vfs objects = acl_xattr

[daten]
        comment = Daten im Cluster
        path = /glusterfs/daten/
        read only = No
        kernel share modes = No

[daten2]
        comment = Daten im Cluster über gluster-vfs
        path = /
        read only = No
        kernel share modes = No
        vfs objects = glusterfs
        glusterfs:volfile_server = cluster-42
        glusterfs:volume = gv0
        glusterfs:logfile = /var/log/samba/gluster-gv0.log
        glusterfs:loglevel = 7
- -----------------

The share [daten] is pointing to the mountet glusterfs. Here is the
part from /etc/fstab
- -----------------
/dev/sda1 /gluster xfs defaults 0 0
samba42-1:/gv0 /glusterfs glusterfs defaults,_netdev,acl 0 0
- -----------------

The share [daten2] is using the vfs object glusterfs.
If I try to connect to [daten] everything ist ok:
- -----------------
root at samba42-fs2:/glusterfs# smbclient -U administrator //cluster-42/daten
Enter administrator's password:
Domain=[EXAMPLE] OS=[Windows 6.1] Server=[Samba
4.2.0rc4-SerNet-Debian-6.wheezy]
smb: \>
- -----------------

But if I try to connect to [daten2] I get the following output:
- -----------------
 root at samba42-fs2:/glusterfs# smbclient -U administrator
//cluster-42/daten2
Enter administrator's password:
Domain=[EXAMPLE] OS=[Windows 6.1] Server=[Samba
4.2.0rc4-SerNet-Debian-6.wheezy]
tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME
- -----------------

I would like to test the vfs object because if I try to change the
permission via windows on the share [daten] it is not working. I can
create files, delete files, ADD a new ACE to the ACL, BUT I can't
delete any ACE from the ACL. I hop this will work when using the vfs
object.

Setting and removing ACLs via commandline works:
- ----------------
root at samba42-fs1:/glusterfs/daten# getfacl v3
# file: v3
# owner: administrator
# group: domain\040users
user::rwx
user:domain\040users:r-x
group::r-x
group:administrator:rwx
group:domain\040users:r-x
mask::rwx
other::r-x
default:user::rwx
default:user:administrator:rwx
default:group::r-x
default:group:domain\040users:r-x
default:mask::rwx
default:other::r-x

root at samba42-fs1:/glusterfs/daten# setfacl -k v3
root at samba42-fs1:/glusterfs/daten# getfacl v3
# file: v3
# owner: administrator
# group: domain\040users
user::rwx
user:domain\040users:r-x
group::r-x
group:administrator:rwx
group:domain\040users:r-x
mask::rwx
other::r-x

root at samba42-fs1:/glusterfs/daten# setfacl -b v3
root at samba42-fs1:/glusterfs/daten# getfacl v3
# file: v3
# owner: administrator
# group: domain\040users
user::rwx
group::r-x
other::r-x

root at samba42-fs1:/glusterfs/daten# setfacl -d -m g:'domain admins':rwx v3

root at samba42-fs1:/glusterfs/daten# getfacl v3
# file: v3
# owner: administrator
# group: domain\040users
user::rwx
group::r-x
other::r-x
default:user::rwx
default:group::r-x
default:group:domain\040admins:rwx
default:mask::rwx
default:other::r-x

I would like to get this working because I think GlusterFS is a good
solution and much easier to setup as corosync, pacemaker and ocfs2,
wich is working here, including changing permissions via Windows.

Waiting for help ands input :-)

Stefan