[Samba] Problem with "kerberos method = secrets and keytab"

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 13 04:04:26 MST 2015

On 13/02/15 10:26, Andreas Hauffe wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> thanks for your hints. The point is, that no /etc/krb5.conf was generated automatically when
> joining the domain (told in the wiki). Now I generated one manually and now it works.

/etc/krb5.conf is never created automatically when you join the domain,
/etc/krb5.keytab is, so can you point to where in the wiki it says that
the conf file will be created ?

> I'm not frustrated at all. I see a lot of advantages for me, even if it doesn't work. Right now we
> have a system with Bind9, OpenLDAP, Kerberos, NFS4, Samba3 on the server side. I had to
> configere each service separatly and then make them work together.
>
> Now all is one service with one wiki and one mailing list, if I'm having trouble. The different
> services inside Samba4 already work together. And up to now I always got a feedback from the
> samba mailing list. So everything is fine! Thanks to all!!

If you are having problems understanding the wiki, please let us know
what you do not understand and we will try to make it more understandable.

Rowland