[Samba] Problems in SAMBA 3.3 to 4.0 migration

soonerdave soonerdew at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 12:29:39 MST 2015

No broken domains!! That's for sure.

Actually, I am leaning toward abandoning the "migration" effort as much as
just replacing the server (as noted in the upgrade section of the Samba
Guides) by manually copying the relevant files to the new SAMBA server. I'm
beginning to realize that if whatever is broken is actually broken on the
server I plan to retire, then time spent fixing it is in some measure wasted
other than in gaining the knowledge of what went wrong.

I will still spend some time on the migration tonight, but wholesale, manual
replacement isn't far off the horizon. :)